Saturday, March 20, 2010

March Madness

Yes it's that time of year. The time when all sense goes out the window. When anything can and will happen. Where there's huge upsets, and monumental statements. When some lose their nerves, and others have icewater running through their veins. Yep it's March, and that means...Music Festival season at high school.

Had you going there, didn't I? Actually, I have to make a quick shoutout to BYU - 1st NCAA Tournament win since 1993! Yeah, Cougs! Ok, now back to this post. The spring season at the high school is always a busy one for me. We just had our region solo & ensemble festival at Beaver last Thursday and the students did a good job. We had 5 performances qualify for state (I rating) and just as many near misses (I- rating). Next up will be region large group, which is for the advanced band and choir, at Millard HS (in Fillmore) on April 14th. Then state solo & ensemble the last Saturday in April, a few more possible state events the beginning of May, and finally our end of the year concerts! Somehow in between all that I'm also fitting in a gig or two with the jazz group I play with, plus a few concerts with the Southwest Symphony. Busy, busy, busy! The good news is that when it's all over, I get a 2 month break from work!

Crystal is great to be patient with me during this time. Maybe I'll even get her to post about it here...maybe. All is well in Enterprise and we're definitely looking forward to spring and summer!

1 comment:

Janae and Zach said...

yay for lots of music time! see you guys soon!