Ok, it took me a while to get this up, but here is the post about the marathon. My siblings and I(pictured above) decided to all run in the Salt Lake City Half Marathon on April 18, 2009. I trained (as much as an old fat guy can!) for a few months in the snow and wind of Enterprise. On the morning of the marathon we all drove from Provo to Salt Lake at about 5:30 am! After squishing on a Trax train from the Gateway to the Starting Line we all rushed for the...potty! I really think that at least half of the runners were in line for a port-a-potty just before the race started! So when the gun went off I was...well...I'll let you figure it out! We finally got running (without stretching, which would later prove fatal for Jae!) and were having a blast. It is a lot more fun to run with other people than by yourself in the cold! We made pretty good time for the first few miles - at 4 miles we were at about 40 minutes. Then we started to walk a little more. About 7 or 8 miles in, Janae really started to have severe pain in her legs and it was hard for her to walk, let alone run. We had all decided that we were going to finish together, so we walked most of the last 4-5 miles. It was worth it as we all crossed the finish line together! I neve thought I would run 13.1 miles, so I was pleased. We clocked in at about 3 hours 16 minutes and 49 seconds, despite all of the walking. Not bad, huh? If you want to see some of the photos Crystal and I took, click on the picture above.
1 comment:
I have decided to officially disown all of you. I don't feel that I can be associated with people crazy enough to run any form of a marathon. Ok maybe I won't take it to that extreme, but I am extremely disturbed by this behavior.
In all seriousness great job. I know what you mean about getting old and fat. I have actually been watching what I eat and have tried to be more healthy. I have actually lost about 25 lbs. Don't get to excited. I am still weighing in at about 195. I was real fat when I started. The 36 inch waist was getting tight, but now I have to wear a belt.
Tell the family hi for me.
Lance
Post a Comment